Are you seeking a freelance copywriter? I know you have plenty of choices, and thanks to Google, they’re all right at your fingertips. But in today’s internet-based world where content is king, good copy can be the difference in your business’s success or failure.
Choosing a copywriter isn’t a decision to be made lightly. And while price is important, it should only be part of the decision process.
Need some other benchmarks? Measure your copywriter candidates against these qualities that I bring to the table:
- I’m experienced – I’m not right out of school. I’ve been a full-time copywriter for 20+ years. During that time, I’ve written copy for all types of businesses, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. Yes, I have a BS in journalism and an MBA, but my real education came from doing.
- I understand business – I’ve started many of my own businesses and provided marketing consulting to dozens more. When I write your copy, I’m not just assembling words. I’m looking at the big picture of how this component will build your brand and help position your company for the future.
- I listen – When you speak about your business, I pay close attention and ask lots of follow-up questions. I’m absorbing the facts. I’m also listening to the nuances of your words, so that I can convey the same emotion in the copy I write for you.
- I have a proven track record as an SEO copywriter – For the past 10+ years, I’ve focused on writing for the web. My comprehension of how to ethically obtain search engine ranking goes beyond theory. I can speak with confidence about SEO because I’ve put into practice the optimization techniques I preach and seen for myself what really works.
- I know the real goal is to generate sales – Effective copywriting doesn’t just sound good; it delivers results. Every word should help persuade the reader to take action.
- I leave my ego out of it – Freelance copywriters are by definition confident in their writing abilities. They write the copy, and they want that to be the final word. I welcome your input. I know you understand your business better than me. Your constructive criticism will help me to craft a better product. So bring it on!
- I’m not an ad agency – I’m a sole proprietor. That means when you hire me, you get me, not some account executive through whom you have to filter all your information and not some junior assistant. When you call, I answer the phone. When you write, I personally reply. I’ll work with you start to finish and take total responsibility for the project.
- I’m affordable – I’m a freelancer who works out of an office in my home. Unlike ad agencies, I don’t have a staff or a plush, downtown office designed to impress. Although my rates reflect my professionalism and years of experience, you’re not paying for my overhead. And that translates into true value.
- I guarantee satisfaction – The job isn’t complete until you say it is. I don’t expect you to settle for copy that’s “good enough.” I’ll keep fine tuning my drafts as many times as it takes to get your full approval. Fortunately, my years of professional experience enable me to produce a solid first draft, which often becomes the final product. I get you to the finish line fast and easy!
- I’m easy to work with – I know you don’t plan to choose your freelance copywriter based on likeability, but wouldn’t you rather work with someone who’s always smiling? Life is too short to deal with moodiness or an unpleasant personality. I’m nice, and I’m not faking it. I genuinely love my work and care about my clients. And that comes through in all I do.
* * *
Need a freelance copywriter? Pick a pro!
Contact Susan Greene today!