Many interior designers rely on referrals for building their business. But is that enough?
If you’re like many interior designers, your best sources of new business are friends, family and clients you’ve worked with in the past. They’re the ones passing out your name to the people they know and giving you repeat business.
That’s probably been working fine for you. But if you really had your druthers, your interior design business would be growing faster. You’d have more design jobs in the works and you’d be attracting better clients with bigger budgets.
Take Things Up a Notch
Word-of-mouth referrals just aren’t enough. But how do you make that leap? How do you get from where you are in your decorating business today to where you’d like to be?
A professional web copywriter can help you create effective marketing copy for your website.
A professional web copywriter can help you create marketing copy for your website. Photos of your beautiful work may impress prospective clients, but you need copywriting as well to:
- Establish an online presence that is as attractive and professional as the interior design projects you do
- Tell your story, how you got to where you are today and how you developed your unique design style and philosophy
- Build your brand and reputation
- Rank high on search engines so more prospects can find you
- Have more clients with ongoing needs so you can fill all your billable hours
- Generate more business so you can be selective, choosing the clients you WANT to work with rather than clients you HAVE TO work with
- Grow your business to capitalize on economies of scale in purchasing supplies and hire employees to whom you can delegate tasks to increase capacity and revenue
- Set yourself apart from the crowd of interior designers in your area, many of whom are willing to underbid you for work.
Maybe you’re capable of writing your own website copy. You got all A’s in English going through school, but ask yourself these questions:
- Is copywriting the best use of your time?
- Will the copy you come up with be as effective as text written by a professional copywriter with marketing experience?
- Do you want to invest your creativity into composing marketing text or doing interior design?
Build your interior design firm’s brand with effective copywriting.
Marketing Beyond Your Website
While most interior designers would agree that having a website is a necessity, it’s not the only marketing option you have.
In addition to writing your website content, a professional copywriter can help you create other marketing materials to grow your interior design business, such as:
- Sales Letters – Send out well-written emails promoting your design services to the niche you wish to pursue: residential interior design, commercial interior design or other design specialty.
- Brochures – Create a promotional piece that explains your interior design capabilities. That brochure can be sent to prospective clients via email as a PDF or printed and distributed by mail or in person.
- Ads – If you know where your prospective customers “hang out,” placing online or offline ads can be a great way to generate inquiries.
- Press Releases – Were you recently awarded a design contract for a public project? Or did you just win an award for your design services? A copywriter can help you write a press release that gets you notoriety for your accomplishments, which in turn can drive new business your way.
- Blog Posts – Think of blog posts as online articles that can be strategically placed to increase your visibility and position you as an authority in the interior design field.
- Social Media – Build a presence on social media that creates a strong fan base from which you get clients and referrals.
A copywriter can help you create a variety of marketing promotions to attract clients to your interior design business.
These are just a few of the marketing promotions a copywriter can help you create to attract and retain more clients for your interior design firm. The good news is you don’t have to do them all, and you don’t have to do everything at once. Start small and build content as you go.
Take your interior design business up a notch with professional marketing.
Get a Solid ROI on Professional Copy
The money you put into working with a professional copywriter could give you an excellent return on investment through the new business it generates. It could, in fact, be the difference between having your interior design company “just get by” and long-term, sustained growth that helps you reach your potential and ultimately achieve the level of success you desire.
Want to know more? Contact Susan Greene, professional copywriter, to discuss marketing your interior design business today!
* * *
Explore how a professional copywriter can help you grow your interior design business.
Contact Susan Greene today!